Cold Drawn Steel Sprag for Aerospace & Industrial Application
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Utilizing our advanced knowledge, we are capable of producing the tightest tolerances available today. Rathbone Precision Metals, Inc. produces this 52100 Steel Sprag profile for use in an industrial equipment application. Our highly trained and experienced staff developed the tooling required to achieve the unique hook configuration. We also provide a bearing-like surface finish and control the decarburization as per customer specifications.
With extreme ± .0002" accuracy on the cam surfaces, we form this .0209" by .1577" profile and deliver it in catch weight coils weighing .0358 lb/ft.
To learn more about this profile as well as others, or how cold drawn and cold rolled profiles could benefit your application, please contact Rathbone today.
Cold Drawn Steel Sprag Project Highlights
- This Sprag is used in an industrial equipment application
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Die Design and Manufacturing
Our unique capabilities allow us to hold tight tolerances on blended multi radii cam surface.
- Customer Benefits:
- Ability to Achieve Unique "Hook" Configuration
- Tight Tolerances on Cam Surfaces
- Bearing Like Surface Finishes
- Controlled Decarburization to per customer specifications
- Provided in Coil Form
- Overall Profile Dimensions
- Width: .1209"
Catch Weight Coils
- Material Used
- 52100 Steel
- Max Material Finish
- 40 Ra
- Estimated Profile Weight
- .0358 lbs per ft
- Industry for Use
- Standards Met
- Per Customer Supplied Specifications
- Product Description
- Steel Sprag
View Past Work Portfolio