Cold rolled steel is frequently used in projects or applications requiring enhanced mechanical properties, tolerances, and surface finish. Because the material is shaped at ambient temperatures, cold rolled steels provide improved mechanical properties as compared to hot rolled steels. Cold rolled metal is also well suited for producing parts requiring tighter tolerances & improved surface finish.
- Some of the key advantages of cold rolled steel include:
- High-quality finished surfaces
- Close tolerances
- Good resistance to tension breaking and deformation thanks to work-hardening processes to improve mechanical properties
- Ability to create well-defined corners and edges in profiled bars
- Optimal straightness & uniform dimensions
- Ideal for technically precise project requirements