Precision Metal Cutting ServicesFounded in 1905, Rathbone Precision Metals has spent more than 100 years growing into one of the largest and most respected metal manufacturers not only in New England, but in North America. Our Precision Metal Cutting Services are backed by a team of highly skilled professionals and engineers supported by precision cut off equipment such as abrasive saws, cold saws, band saws, as well as adiabatic shears. Whatever your cut off needs, short to medium runs or long runs, Rathbone Precision Metals has what it takes to meet each customer’s requirements.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Why Precision Metal Cutting?
An essential component of metal fabrication, precision cutting services require a high level of skill and experience to ensure accurate metal sawing at the tightest tolerances, and with minimal burrs and imperfections. Rathbone provides the quality and capacity required for manufacturers across a wide range of sectors, including:
• Power generation
• Paper and pulp
• Linear motion control
When precise, accurate measurements are key, entrust Rathbone Precision for your precision metal cutoff runs. Regardless of the material – Low carbon, high carbon, alloy, stainless, or high temp, and everything in between – no run is too small or too large for the professional team at Rathbone.
We pride ourselves on the wide range of materials we work with, which include:
● Low Carbon Steel
● High Carbon Steel
● Free Cutting Steel
● Alloy Steel
● 300 Series Stainless Steel
● 400 Series Stainless Steel
● Precipitation Hardening (PH) Stainless Steel
● Nickel Alloys
● High Temp Alloys
● Tool Steels
Rathbone operates the necessary equipment to provide the most efficient and highest quality metal cuts, so you receive the right part the first time. Whatever the requirement, Rathbone has the equipment to get the job done accurately and efficiently.
● Abrasive Saw
This saw uses an abrasive disc to cut through most any material.
● Band Saw
Generally used for cutting bundles and bars to specific lengths, not typically used for short length parts.
● Cold Saw
This saw is ideal for most ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, and produces fewer burrs and sparks.
● Adiabatic Shears
Precision shears for long-run jobs which require burr-free parts with a high-quality sheared ends.
Regardless of your precision metal cutting service needs, you can trust the long-lasting expertise and professionalism of Rathbone Precision Metals. With more than a century of metal fabrication experience across North America, you can rest assured your metal cutting needs are handled with the utmost care and accuracy by our skilled metal cutting experts.
Contact us or request a quote to find out how we can help you bring the highest level of quality to your metal fabrication project.
- Cold Drawn Steel "T" Pin for the Automotive Industry
- Cold Drawn Stainless Steel Cocking Hammer for the Firearms Industry
- Cold Rolled Steel Turbine Seal for the Power Generation Industry
- Cold Drawn Carbon Steel Gear Profile for the Heavy Equipment Industry
- Cold Drawn Stainless Steel Orthopedic Rods for the Medical Industry
- Cold Rolled Stainless Steel Turbine Bucket Blade Stock for the Power Generation Industry
- Cold Drawn Steel Sprag for an Industrial Application
- Cold Drawn TrimRite® Pipe Gasket Retaining Segment for the Water Pipe Industry
- Cold Rolled Stainless Steel Seal Strip for the Power Industry
- Cold Drawn Steel Gear Profile for the Automotive Industry
Precision Cut-off Capabilities
- Typical length tolerances we cut to are
- Piece Length
- Cross-sectional profiles that fit within a 1.00" square:
- 0.250" to 4.000"
4.000" to 20.000"
- Cross-sectional profiles that fit within a 2.00" square:
- 0.250" to 10.000"
10.000" to 22.000"
22.000" to 44.000"
- Large volume cut-off jobs requiring adiabatic shearing of profiles that do not exceed a cross-sectional area of 0.19635" squared:
- 0.250" to 6.000"
- Need the profiles pieces de-burred after cut off?
- Rathbone also offers vibratory de-burring for pieces up to 4.000" long.